Lucky #7 - Follow these and make magic with your iphone
- Avoid bright light. Most photos are taken around 4pm-5pm. Light at this time of day can be harsh making you squint and blowing out the highlights in the photos.
- If using an iPhone use vivid mode. It will make your images pop more.
- Find shade. Shade is our friend in photography. Behind you can be bright (preferable dark behind you like a building or trees) but standing under shade will help provide a better pic, less shadows and a nice skin tone.
- If shooting a group bring stools and small chairs to give a variety of levels when posing together.
- Angles! Angle your body, pop a hip and give your back a little tilt. It gives an elegant but relaxed look. Also take some time on TikTok and Instagram to watch videos of people prom dress poses.
- Move in your photos! Don’t stand still. Be silly. Twirl. Dance. Movement in photos can make all the difference to really showing off your dress.
- Stand atleast 8-10 feet in front of your background if shooting in front of walls, barns, buildings. This will give a nice blur behind you and make you stand out!
PS - If you're planning on making reels then think ahead and take video or certain pics.
Want professional pics then I got you! Head to my scheduler below. I will also be offering services to photograph you and your friends getting ready together etc. Just email for details and availability.